The healthcare landscape is rapidly changing, and we are looking for a person that wants to help lead that change. We are looking for a person that wants to work in a fast-paced environment where the collective team emphasis is to generate market driven solutions that work. The Data Analyst II position helps provide detail analytics for specific ASG healthcare solutions. You will be working with Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial data as well as a variety of other reference data sources. This position requires that you are a data guru - you will have an uncanny ability to tie disparate data sources together. Because of the tightness of our team, you will be a subject matter expert on our data, processes, and business methodologies. You will be responsible for data acquisition, critical analytics, project design and analysis, code development and testing of ad hoc or standard reports to support effective and rapid decision making. You will also ensure that consistent documentation is developed and actively maintained throughout all phases of work.
Principal Responsibilities And Essential Duties
- Assist with the development and deployment of predictive and/or machine learning modeling processes
- Design innovative analytic methods that improve the accuracy or efficiency of our analytic and reporting processes
- Identify opportunities in the development of new capabilities that increase the value added to our clients
- Meet with users to gather requirements for project definition. Analyze existing procedures to identify system/process changes needed to meet such requirements
- Assist in testing of deliverables to ensure that requirements are accurately met
- Be responsible for the design, analysis, development and testing of ad hoc or standard analytics/reports to support effective and rapid decision making
- Assist in determining and monitoring of quality measures for reporting and analytics processes
- Ensure that consistent documentation is developed and actively maintained throughout all phases of work including but not limited to: Process overviews, Reporting Inventory, Business Requirements, Technical Requirements, Report Workbooks, and Release Checklists.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience analyzing and manipulating Healthcare data, including general knowledge of medical procedures, health conditions and provider practices
- Experience with open source analytic software a significant plus
- Ability to work in a SAS, SQL, R or other understood analytic environment
- Experience with data mining tools
- Thorough knowledge of Medicare Risk Model and CMS guidelines
- Data manipulation skills using database and spreadsheet applications
- Working knowledge of database applications, including extraction and querying skills. Proficient using SQL to extract data, SAS experience, a plus
- Experience analyzing raw data, with ability to think logically and process sequentially with a high level of detailed accuracy
- Problem solver, resourceful, quick learner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and discipline to multitask and prioritize projects to meet scheduled deadlines
- Professionally interact with a diverse group of stakeholders including executives, managers, clients and subject matter experts
- Master’s degree in an Allied Health, Analytics/Informatics, Computer Science, Programming or equivalent work experience