Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and technology company, with operations in more than 20 countries, including in India where we've launched our new Innovation and Capability Centre (ICC) in Bangalore.
We're combining innovation, automation and technology to solve the world's biggest technological challenges in areas such as Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, and more. Join us on this exciting journey, and together, we'll reimagine the future.
Our Software Engineering teams are building a new platform to support Microservice APIs, developed by our teams of developers spread across the globe. We're using industry leading technologies and design principles to encourage best practice application design / development and operation, such as automation and CI/CD.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions within organisations and would also be involved in the design of big data solutions. You will plan, coordinate, and execute all activities related to the requirements interpretation, design and implementation of data analytics applications.
In this role, your key responsibilities are…
- Design and develop data analytics applications.
- Review vendor designs and recommend solutions based on industry best practices.
- Provide technical governance across data analytics solutions at Telstra.
- Assess and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the data analytics application solutions to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Understand overall business landscape and develops innovative solutions to help improve productivity
- Coordinate with technical resource within and outside of Feature team.
- Monitor process of software configuration/development/testing to assure quality deliverable.
- Ensure standards of QA are being met.
- Review deliverables to verify that they meet client and contract expectations; Implement and enforce high standards for quality deliverables.
- Analyses performance and capacity issues of the highest complexity.
- Assists leadership with development and management of new application capabilities to improve productivity.
- Provide training and educate other team members around core capabilities and helps them deliver high quality solutions and deliverables/documentation.
- Design/develop user requirements, test and deploy the changes into production.
To be successful in the role, you must have…
- Degree level IT qualifications in Software or Systems Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT of building and supporting Data Engineering pipeline using Big Data Platform.
- Extensive experience using Hortonworks Data Platform.
- Experience in Apache Hive, Spark, Zeppelin and Ambari.
- Proven expertise of working on Azure Cloud using Databricks, Azure Event hub Flume/Kafka/Spark streaming, Azure Data Factory.
- Experience of using Informatica for ETL use cases.
- Experience of working in Azure DevOps and ARM.
- Experience of using Control-m to schedule data engineering workflows.
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms.
- Experience in translating, loading and presenting disparate datasets in multiple formats/sources including JSON, XML etc.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL Databases/ HBase/ MongoDB.
- Experience in Programming: Java Spring Boot/ Scala/ Python / SQL and Multi-tenant databases.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Proven high level of initiative, drive and enthusiasm with excellent time management and an ability to work under pressure.
Desirable to have experience on:
- Automation using PowerShell
- Rabbit MQ
- Power BI
- REST API
Our people in India will be at the forefront of technological change as they work collaboratively with, and learn from, world-class experts and have access to the latest training programs and insights for their field.
Alongside your work on leading edge projects, working with us means you'll have access to company perks and benefits that'll reward you for the great work you do. We're growing, fast, and for you that means many exciting opportunities to develop your career with us at Telstra.