July 23, 2020
Have a passion for making a difference in the education, careers, and lives of hundreds of thousands of college-level students? The company produces interactive online learning content that replaces college-level textbooks, homework, and even programming lab assignments. We offer the excitement of a young, energetic startup environment with a masterfully engineered platform and high-demand content for the STEM college market. We are dedicated to the success of college students worldwide, having provided courseware to more than 450,000 students in over 600 universities.
Data Science Content Author:
The company is looking to hire a full-time author to create and oversee interactive, web-native learning content in Data Science.
• Create modern web-based content with concise text, extensive interactive learning questions, animations, and more for a variety of data science and related projects (Introduction to Data Science, Predictive Data Analytics, Big Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Cloud Computing, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence)
• Define and implement auto-generated and auto-graded homework assignments
• Maintain and improve existing content
• Collaborate with colleagues on the engineering team to define and develop interactive tools
• Collaborate with colleagues in Marketing and Sales to assist with demos, respond to instructor feedback, assist with special requests, and more
• Work with project managers to oversee external authoring projects (evaluate project proposals, train external authors to utilize the company's platform, review content to ensure quality and adherence to the company's authoring guidelines)
• M.S or Ph.D in Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or a related field
• Experience with SQL, Hadoop, and MapReduce
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and organized
• A passion for making a real difference in education
• Teaching and/or tutoring experience
• Previous authoring experience, and/or programming experience is a plus
Other areas of expertise across STEM: Statistics, Engineering, IT, Computer Science, & Physics.
The position is full-time and not suitable for people who wish to keep a full-time faculty position. This position is in our Campbell, CA office. The company has a work-from-home policy that allows employees to work remotely once per week. While strong preference will be given to candidates who can work at the Campbell, CA office, in some circumstances a remote position may be considered. Please apply with a resume, a cover letter indicating your previous teaching and/or authoring experience, and teaching evaluations from a recent course.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Offered Pay AmountPay Amount : Rs.
number of openings :1