Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
The Blue Planet software division is seeking a stellar Data Scientist for new initiatives in the Enterprise network automation space. The candidate will be responsible for developing ArtificialIntelligence-driven closed-loop network automation solutions on top of the Blue Planet platform to serve the Enterprise market. The Blue Planet platform is based on a modern software architecture that leverages open-source technologies, model-driven templates and containerbased micro-services. The right candidate will be an experimented data scientist with expertise in enterprise L2/L3 networks, and a track record of delivering data-driven products in a high-performance environment.
- Analyze network data, build ML models and benchmark their accuracy
- Develop intelligent data-driven streaming applications for enterprise networks
- Develop AI-driven network automation use cases in the LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center, Cloud and Security areas on top of the Blue Planet platform
- Write software programs, together with unit tests and integration tests.
- Work in the lab to collect data and test applications
- Implement machine learning algorithms (supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement)
- Participate in all phases of the life-cycle of machine-learning models, including research design, feature engineering, implementation of the ML algorithms, accuracy testing and production deployment
- Work closely and effectively with the Chief Data Scientist, other software development teams as well as product line management, architecture and product verification teams
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement in data science, data governance, software engineering and product quality
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Daily collaboration with data scientists, software engineers, testers, UI developers
- Work in a global team environment
- Occasional interactions with partners and customers
Areas of impact
- Product engineering
- Science, research & intellectual property
- Machine Learning frameworks like MXNet, SageMaker, TensorFlow, Torch or others
- Proficient with Python, Scala or Java
- Expert knowledge of L2/L3 telecom networks (LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-LAN)
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and technologies
- Understanding of big-data concepts and technologies
- Experience with AWS, Apache Hadoop, Spark and NiFi ecosystem an asset
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.