Udaan is India's largest B2B trade platform, bringing millions of India's SMEs together on a single platform, and helping them do business more easily than ever. Manufacturers, traders, retailers, and wholesalers all over India are on Udaan, with categories ranging from Electronics and Apparel, to Grocery & Fresh produce. Here, we build technologies to help the SMEs of India not just survive in the Internet age, but actively thrive.
About the Role and Key Responsibilities
- At Udaan, Data Scientists don't own components. We own problem statements. You are not bound by any component ownership boundaries. statements.. To solve a problem, say, fraud detection, you find that some critical data is not instrumented in a last mile delivery app.
- You are expected to work with the respective product owner to get the appropriate instrumentation done in order to get the desired data. As problem statement owners,you need to understand why the product exists? What problem is it trying to solve? What are the success criteria? Who are the customers? Where does it fit in an organisation?
- The complete ownership and accountability of the problem statement lies with you. In Other words, the Data Scientist is like an entrepreneur running that bit of business within the company. You are expected to work closely with your stakeholders like operations and business growth teams to pave the way for your solution.
The problem areas broadly (not limited to) are:
- Credit underwriting for the underserved
- Demand forecasting
- Supply chain planning and optimisation (warehouse, first mile, last mile, intercity transport)
- Recommendation systems
- Home page optimisation
- Personalisation as a theme across Search, Recommendation, Ads, Home Page
- Fraud detection
- Assisted/automated listing creation for sellers
- Seller success with actionable insights (Pricing, Selection, Market Intelligence)
- Customer service automation/assistance (chatbot, automated Q&A)
Skills & Knowledge
- If you are passionate about data, continuous learning and looking to impact billions of people, we would love to talk!
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Preferably an advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimization, NLP or related areas
- B.Tech. in Computer Science & related areas - reasonably significant demonstrated experience in applied ML via job experience, internships,independent projects (not course work related or replicating Kaggle competitions), certifications