Uscreen is a SaaS company with an amazing global team, helping creators and companies monetize their videos online. Video monetization is a fast-growing market, and so far, we have established ourselves as the industry leaders, and we aim to solidify that position. To do so, we’re looking for a new addition to our team: an Email Marketing Specialist, to come in and help us scale our internal and external communications.
This person will be working closely with the Marketing Lead on a daily basis, primarily focusing on email campaigns, automation, and some creative outreaches. This person needs to be smart, inquisitive, and motivated but also experienced to be able to deliver much of their workload independently. We are a remote-first company so the ability to stay productive independently is required.
Our email list is a beautiful slab of marble, and we need someone who’ll come in chiseling.
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism, and implement it. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About this role:
This position is perfect for an early-mid-level email marketer with B2B experience and is focused mostly on the execution of marketing projects, like automation, onboarding, and other forms of drip campaigns. Even though some creativity is required (and very welcomed), this person will focus primarily on setting up and seeing email marketing projects through to completion, taking direction from our Marketing Lead, at least for the first 6 months. We have a lot of plans in place, and now we need to execute them. In other words: previous practical experience with email list handling and email automation is a must.
We are growing and things change rapidly, so you need to also be able to shift direction very easily and maintain your flexibility in working with other team members and teams.
Task and responsibilities:
- This position includes a healthy amount of research
- Email list maintenance and handling
- Writing small pieces of copy (e.g. emails) will be required
- Assisting our Marketing Lead with project and campaign planning and execution
- Setting up and tracking email marketing campaigns and automation
- 2+ years of email marketing, general marketing or MARCOM experience
- Of these, at least 1+ year in SaaS
- Of these, at least 1+ year in B2B
- Of these, at least 1+ year experience directly with email marketing and automation
- Tech-savvy – we use a lot of tools (too many to count) and you need to be able to learn and adapt easily
- Experience with list management, cleanup, and maintenance
- Experience setting up multitiered, cross-platform campaigns
- Experience with tools similar to Drift or Drip (Note: experience with these two tools directly will be considered a strong advantage)
- Perfect grammar and attention to detail (e.g. punctuation, writing, etc.)
- Urge to test everything 5 times before hitting that send button
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker (having accents is fine, as long as you’re using proper English syntax)
- A confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person 🙂
Good to have:
- Experience with setting up webhooks, Zapier and lead captures
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics and related tools
- Experience with visuals (e.g. picking best images for branding purposes)
- Experience with visual layouts (e.g. email templates)
- Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with a contract. We want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance / part-time position you can do in tandem with other professional endeavors
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connection.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development