Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
The Tax Specialist’s role is an internal tax department role with a primary emphasis on Federal, State, and International income tax law encompassing such areas as Federal, State, and International research tax research, audits, tax accounting, domestic and global legal entity acquisitions, legal entity restructuring and reorganization, and strategic planning for Duff & Phelps and its subsidiaries across globe. He/ She will assist in preparing and reviewing tax returns, along with the required disclosures, using an external service provider.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- US GAAP account reconciliations for tax accounts, including the payable, deferred taxes, FIN 48 liabilities and the associated P&L accounts.
- US GAAP account reconciliations for transfer pricing accounts, including US, UK, and India intercompany HQ allocation receivable/payables and associated P&L accounts.
- US GAAP account reconciliations for investment accounts, including the offset to APIC, and loan accounts, including both the intercompany loan payable/receivable accounts, the intercomany loan accrued interest payable/receivable accounts and the associated P&L accounts.
- US locality tax calculations, including the NYC Rent Tax, Ohio CAT, Washington B&O Tax, Seattle Gross Receipts Tax, San Francisco Annual Business Tax, Los Angeles Gross Receipts Tax, and Chicago Lease Transaction Tax.
- Submission of income tax payments and associated tax coversheet including the general ledger coding to AP
- Manage the substitute 1099-B process and ensure that all shareholder statements are loaded into the portal correctly by person.
- Manage the TRA portal process and ensure that all TRA statements are loaded into the portal correctly by person.
- Manage electronic workpaper process. Coordinate checklists for tax returns and provisions and ensure that all workpapers are stored appropriately.
- Assist in completing the US GAAP worldwide income tax provisions timely and accurately in accordance with FAS 109
- Managing the Tax department budget and tracking of actual spend to the budget in the necessary format, as requested by the Global Head of Tax.
- Manage worldwide tax service provider engagement letters and billings. Coordinate with tax team in the US to manage the budget and ensure all invoices are coded properly for recording by the GL team.
- Qualification preferred: CPA/ MBA.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working on tax matters including international taxation.
- Experience of working in shared service center supporting group tax team and international client assignments covering advisory and compliance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accrual basis accounting.
- Working knowledge on various accounts reconciliations such as recon for tax accounts, deferred tax, investment accounts and transfer pricing accounts.
- Demonstrate interest in accounting and finance.
- Willingness to participate in multiple areas of tax and transfer pricing.
- Proven ability to utilize standard business (MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of accounting software applications a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills