This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapiesare foundin almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Forover 85years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other.This iswhere you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Purpose Of The Role
Support Corporate financial management reporting for the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly performance reviews. In addition, will use advanced excel/VBA coding/Tableau/Alteryx to support increased automation and efficiencies in global reporting processes
- Establish new standardized Corporate reporting packages and significantly streamline processes and delivery of data/information
- Deliver comprehensive management reporting packages for Corporate Function leaders including but not limited to HR, Finance, IT, Legal etc. on a monthly basis
- Streamline and automate reporting for new Corporate leader reporting requirements including
- Global finance function spend by leader and associated headcount reporting
- Leverage data tools including JD Edwards, Cognos, Hyperion and Workday to seamlessly link data and provide meaningful insights
- Provide analysis for key trends, anomalies or items to bring to management attention in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison between Business Partners and Systems team for finance metadata changes and other system improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business or operational risks
- Support Finance Leadership with process improvement, policy development, and/or strategic initiatives.
- Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating
procedures as needed
- Guarantee Global standard and alignment in all reports, processes and communication.
- Utilize latest robotic process automation tools available and adapt to continuously improve reporting processes
Financial Collaboration & Communication
Drive for simplicity and process improvement
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- +4 years working in a finance function
Morning or Evening Shift
- Expert in technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Excellent analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Expert with advanced excel formulas and experience with Excel VBA
- Excellent financial modelling skills preferred, experience in statistical modelling techniques is a plus
- Experience with JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos preferred
- Knowledge of BI tools – Tableau/Alteryx
Key Shared Accountabilities
- Perform financial management reporting to help track business performance to facilitate decision making and business support
- Support Finance Leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies)
Mission Critical Collaborators
- Corporate FP&A (Controller’s group)
- Global FP&A
- Indirect: Executive and Corporate Officers at Baxter as needed (recipients of monthly reports)
- Creation and timely delivery of financial management reports
- Process improvement and amalgamation of data from various systems in meaningful ways
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve and simplify delivery of data and management reports
- Global financial management reporting standards
- Content and views of data that can influence and better help management make decisions