Financial Analyst will be involved in financial planning analysis and reporting. Involves working directly with Business partners in managing their budgets, standardizing/improving finance reporting processes.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for getting plan and forecast numbers loaded in the system after consulting with the business leaders.
- Responsible for reporting Actuals, comparing them with plan/latest forecast and writing commentary for major variances.
- Should be in a position to give heads up to the leaders with respect to any unforeseen expenses, Risks & Opportunities.
- Should have keen eye to details especially in situations where cost reduction is necessary and make recommendations to the leadership.
- High data accuracy & keenness on number matching is a must.
- Forecasting, Planning, and Reporting – Assist the onshore services team in monthly forecast and annual planning processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of reporting deliverables in advance of Quarterly Business Reviews, MBRs, etc.
- Work directly with global business partners and help them with the daily finance needs.
- Creation of new reports whenever there is a business team request for new report/ info.
- Regular interaction with various business partners who are operating from different locations across globe.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Financial Analyst Normally Possesses
- Should be an MBA/CA/ICWA, similar experience preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a divisional or corporate role (internal management reporting, forecasting, planning, analysis); Skilled user of financial database software applications;
- Demonstrated top quartile performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Key skills and capabilities include: excellent analytical and modeling skills; superior problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management team;
- Extensive knowledge of Essbase, PowerPoint and expert knowledge of Excel; attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output; energetic and inquisitive quick learner. Well versed with MS office tools especially with Excel. Should have working knowledge in building and modifying macros.
- Working knowledge of Oracle desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that enables clear and concise communication to all levels of management; appreciation for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment; highly motivated, self-starter;
- Comfortable interacting with executives; able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities; passionate, energetic, enthusiastic to drive results.
- Willing to work in shifts to enable interaction with team working in different time zones.
- Should be willing to travel if required.