Every organization claims to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
- The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change-makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solution-focused platform.
- Our latest venture is The Better Home, a consumer products brand conceptualized and crafted around the core of sustainable living. Our mission is to make it India’s largest and most credible brand of sustainable products. It is a brand with an impact at its heart – impact on health, environment and our communities.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Head of Finance to join our finance team.
As a Head of Finance at The Better India, Bangalore, you will
- · Develop, implement, and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- · Play a key role in any further fundraising activities.
- · Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- · Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- · Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- · Supervise financial reporting, budgeting, and compliance activities.
- · Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- · Work well with the leadership team to develop the strategic plan.
- Our ideal colleague will be
- · Someone with proven experience as Head of Finance, finance officer, or relevant role, preferably with 10 years of total experience.
- · A Graduate/ Post Graduate in Accounting/ Finance or relevant field; CPA is an advantage.
- · Having experience in fundraising.
- · Possessing an in-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- · Someone with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- · An individual with an analytical mind and comfortable with numbers.