We’re building a movement, an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can access the best education regardless of where they came from. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and products to lead the charge in that movement.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process.
Our organization thrives on individuals working with us. Manpower is our biggest asset. The HR Manager should have the experience of full cycle recruitment for varied domains and positions ranging from sales support to junior, middle and upper middle management.
Being a subject matter expert in recruitment and selection
- Working extensively with the hiring supervisors and managers to effectively address the recruitment needs and issues on a real time basis.
- Composing and posting various contents like Job Description, Employment Ads, etc to various internal as well as external media.
- Using social and professional networking sites to recruit for the organization. Coming with innovative ways to use the internet for undertaking the recruitment process. Coming up with innovative ways of using other form of media to source candidates
- Working on internal media to promote the existing employees for referrals during job openings.
- Working on promoting the recruitment process through various career fairs etc.
- Formulating plans and strategies of getting in touch and working with various academic institutions and vocational centers for sourcing candidates through there placement programs
- Reviewing and evaluating the applications for employment and contacting the shortlisted candidates after exercising adequate judgement on shortlisting them.
- Developing, planning, coordinating and executing all recruitment and examination processes. Working with the hiring supervisor or manager to ensure if there is anything specific to their hiring requirement that shall form part of the hiring process.
- Formulating a model of contacting the candidates after every level in the recruitment and examination process to update them about their status.
- Ensuring the legal compliances and validity of the recruitments once the candidature of a person has qualified all parameters and examinations set for the recruitment.
Being a subject matter expert in Human Resources and related Policies, Procedures and Programs
- Informing the employee about all the legal compliances and employment law within India’s jurisdiction and documentations to be undertaken for the recruitment process
- Inducting the employee, training and educating them with various policies
- Training and educating the supervisors, managers and general staff about the policies and procedures.
- Suggesting alteration or changes to the existing HR policies to improve the quality of the system.
- Collaborating and Partnering with Corporate HR team, Training Team and Payroll Teams
Being a subject matter expert in mediating Employee relationship
- Understanding the challenges faced by the employees and addressing them adequately.
- Understanding the problems if any faced by the supervisor/ manager or their reporter and exercising logic and diplomacy in resolving such problems.
- Ensuring that a healthy work environment is maintained throughout which motivates every employee of the organization to deliver his/ her best for the job.
- Exercising exceptional communication skills while conversing with the employees at different level and addressing the issues faced by them, if any.
- Organize team building activities and events to ensure that the work life is not mechanical and dull.Partnering and coaching of senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university or similar work experience required
- 8+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner or related HR Manager role
- Experience with Labour and Employee Relations
- Experience with Hiring and hiring practices in India
- Benefits Administration
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Wage Structure
- Employment Law
- Policy Development
- Good communication and networking skills
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.