The job holder is responsible for driving significant revenue and profit growth through effective management of sales & marketing activities for Life Sciences’ division in India. The divisional manager is expected to meet or exceed revenue goals by executing sales initiatives in alignment with country’s growth strategy and will be responsible for managing gross profit and operating margins in the region.
- Formulates and executes competitive sales and marketing strategies that align with the company divisional directives to achieve short and long term revenue growth, ensuring that goals are consistent with Leica Microsystems vision and mission.
- Responsible for all product segments in the LSR division.
- Directly responsible for managing division’s top line revenue and bottom line operating expenses. Accountable for managing all aspects of sales administration and sales staff planning.
- Collaborate with Leica product managers and distributors, assists in developing relationships with customers maintaining a professional standard that is consistent with company corporate policy and procedures.
- Supervises the negotiation of the strategic planning process and the annual operating plan; work with commercial excellence analyst, sales staff, product management, and senior management to create plans.
- Set relevant targets/quotas with distributors and continually monitors performance throughout the year.
- Create awareness among industry leaders, key clinical/hospital staff, and purchasing and materials management directors in collaboration with distributors. Increase awareness through custom programs to fit the regional cultural and medical settings.
- Assist with sales and industry exhibition support and demonstrations
- Work with finance to set annual commission/remuneration plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university
- Minimum of 12- 15 years of escalating experience in sales, distributor management, sales management
- Experience in life-sciences environment desired; demonstrated track record building relationships with distributors and partners.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Competent with business software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, at a minimum)
- Experience in SFDC will be added advantage
- Ability to travel up to 50% in-country
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.