Governance offerings include objective governance research and recommendations, and end-to-end proxy voting and distribution solutions. Institutional clients have long turned to ISS to apply their corporate governance views, identify environmental, social and governance risk, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis. ISS covers approximately 44,000 meetings in 115 countries yearly, delivering proxy research and vote recommendations while working closely with clients to execute more than 10.2 million ballots representing 4.2 trillion shares.
To learn more, visit https://www.issgovernance.com/solutions/proxy-voting-services/ .
The Salesforce Developer is a key contributor to the ISS Information Technology Corporate Apps team and will have the opportunity to work on Salesforce and across various other application platforms and business teams. The position is a highly visible role and a key member of the ISS Information Technology team. Salesforce is a mission critical application ensuring delivery and financial reporting of ISS’s products and services. The candidate filling this position must be able to communicate well with co-workers and business teams. This role must be adoptive to various projects and platforms.
- Participate in all aspects of project lifecycle with a primary focus on SFDC design and development.
- Participate in SFDC integration with external platforms and applications.
- Leverage industry development best practices, frameworks and methods.
- Document, design, develop, test, train, and deploy high quality business solutions for Salesforce and integrated applications and/or databases.
- Proactively engage and support our user groups, including sales, client services, sales operations, finance, legal, delivery teams to resolve data and system issues, as well as to seek requirements to improve workflows and functionality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Has ability to gather and analyze requirements from users and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Communicate and collaborate with others (e.g., analysts, designers, developers, operations, QA/testing team, service desk, vendors, etc.) to coordinate completion of projects.
- Conduct day to day production activities, data maintenance, cleaning and verification in Salesforce.com.
- Identify and document tasks required for environment setup and technical activities required to implement and/or enhance applications.
- Perform end to end testing of fixes/enhancements – execute unit and integration tests.
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified business applications to determine feasibility, cost, time requirements and compatibility with existing systems.
- Evaluate tools to enhance design and development practices.
- Provide recommendations into corporate applications roadmap, integrations and recommended tools to manage the environments.
- Possess a sense of urgency with real focus on delivery dates and project completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
- Must have attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Must have 3+ years professional experience in an IT organization.
- Must have 3+ years full-lifecycle software development experience using Salesforce Apex, Lightning and Visual Force pages.
- 3+ years of writing code in any scripting language and conducting code reviews .
- 2+ years of SQL, SOQL or any other Database query languages.
- 2+ years writing requirements document and design documentation.
- Some project management and/or business analysis experience.
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment with flexible processes and changing requirements.
- Experience using Salesforce CLI and Visual Studio Code with salesforce extensions.
- Experience working with code repository management tools such as Git.
- Experience with advanced MS Excel data analysis (Formulas, Pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s etc.)
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind when working in the details of the code.
- Ability to adhere to schedules and project time lines and communication of issues/problems that may impact the ability to meet objectives.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across departments and/or functional modules.
- Ability to work with business users as well as technical support personnel and communicate effectively with both.
- Ability to support multiple tasks / projects.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new concepts/techniques and apply those in day to day activities and/or projects.
- Ability to design solutions that incorporate best business practices with user’s requirements.
- Ability to rapidly learn and integrate new development paradigms to support new projects and requirements, to understand data structure and translate business requirements.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, including flexibility in working hours to support employees and customers across multiple time zones.