- Playing an active role in problem solving, including identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analyses, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations
- Implementation of process improvement initiatives to enhance operational efficiency
- Creating a continuous improvement culture within the operations divisions
- Collaborating extensively with all internal stakeholders - to design and drive ops metrics
- Helping drive the operations strategy and strategic initiatives
- Developing core operations systems including but not limited to:
- Reporting and KPI tracking
- Audits and training
- Change management
- Team engagement and management
- 10+ years of experience in operations
- Be highly data-driven and have an analytical approach, with an eye towards actionable next steps that move the needle
- Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues into various parts but also understand how those various parts interact with one another
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (Familiarity with data visualisation tools preferred)
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Things We Value
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
A Better Company
Better.com is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the world and offers a great opportunity to the candidates.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com By The Numbers
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work” and are Great Place to Work certified
- Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies” in America
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
At Better, we are committed to embracing and fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We celebrate the unique perspectives that each person brings, and know that a diverse workforce is essential for individual and collective success. Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.