The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Consult and collate business requirements; identify and document Use-Cases
- Produce Business Requirement Documents and obtain stakeholder sign off; be disciplined in managing changing requirements
- Translate the business requirements into functional and technical requirements for the technology team consumption
- Liaise with Program management, Development team and testing team to ensure that requirements are understood and deliverables meet the business requirements
- Proactively monitor potential speed bumps and notify stakeholders of any risks, bottlenecks, problems, issues, and concerns
- Analyze data to ensure comprehensive coverage of use cases and testing methodology
- Testing of deliverable functionalities
- Have ownership and accountability to ensure that any regulatory requests from regulatory bodies like RBI in India are done within the required SLA and they are part of the front-ending central team in India to handle data requests pertaining to ETS sector apps.
- Extensive Experience of at least 12 years in handling and understanding regulatory asks is a must along-with direct experience in dealing and interacting with regulators and their inspection teams.
- Ability to understand the ETS landscape and related hierarchy and be a subject matter expert on ETS systems.
- Experience in handling and working with remote teams.
- Experience in working to stringent regulatory deadlines.
- Ad-hoc requests from RBI whether during the year/ during RBS will be required to be serviced within 48 hours for current and previous financial year, and within 5 calendar days for up to 7 years of history.
- Experience in handling, guiding and mentoring junior team members.
- To contribute towards Data Governance by working with required teams.
- Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.